If you received a Notice of Security Incident regarding the Data Security Incident from Orlando Family Physicians, LLC (“OFP”) on or around July 20, 2021, you may be eligible for a class action settlement payment.
- A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit about a data security incident that occurred on or around April 15, 2021, which potentially exposed personally identifiable information (“PII”) and/or protected health information (“PHI”) of OFP patients, prospective patients, employees, and other individuals (the “Data Security Incident”).
- OFP provides medical care at ten or more locations in central Florida. The circumstances giving rise to this case occurred on or around April 15, 2021, and involved an unauthorized person who accessed the email accounts of four of OFP’s employees and may have accessed information contained in the four email accounts related to patients, prospective patients, employees, and other individuals (the “Data Security Incident”). The exposed information may have included name; demographic information; health information, including diagnoses, providers and prescriptions; health insurance information, including legacy Medicare beneficiary number derived from the individual’s Social Security number or other subscriber identification number; medical record number; patient account number; and passport number. Subsequently, a lawsuit was filed against OFP, alleging that it did not take appropriate care to protect the patients, prospective patients, employees, and other individuals from the Data Security Incident.
- OFP denies all of the Plaintiffs’ claims in the lawsuit and maintains it did not do anything wrong but has agreed to settle the case to avoid the expense and burdens of litigation.
- The Settlement includes all Persons to whom OFP sent notification, whether by direct written notice or substitute notice, that their personal information and/or protected health information may have been or was exposed to unauthorized third parties as a result of the Data Security Incident.
- The Settlement provides payments to people who submit valid claims for out-of-pocket expenses and lost time that were incurred and plausibly arose as a result of the Data Security Incident, and for other extraordinary unreimbursed monetary losses and lost time as appropriate.
- The Settlement also includes two years of fraud resolution services. You do not need to submit a claim to receive this benefit.
- The Settlement also includes two years of credit monitoring services and identity theft insurance through IDX. You must submit a claim to receive this benefit.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
|Submit a Claim
The only way to get a payment and/or credit monitoring.
|Ask to be Excluded
Get no payment. The only option that allows you to sue OFP over the claims resolved by this Settlement.
Write to the Court about why you do not like the Settlement.
Get no payment. Give up rights.
- These rights and options – and the deadlines to exercise them – are explained in the notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. Payments will only be made after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved.